I am truly honored and humbled to be nominated for the Sunshine Award. It states from these two fine educators:
The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger, then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know.
Thank you Amber Teamann & Paul Wagoner for nominating me for Sunshine Award. They are both so much better bloggers than me and are edurockstars! I’m just an old superintendent trying to keep up.
Here are the Sunshine Award Rules:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Here are my 11 Random facts…
1. I’m a lover of the arts as much as I am sports. I have a lot of money on my walls at my home.
2. When my granddaughter says “hi Pappa” my heart melts.
3. I live in Corpus Christ…on the coast, but I am NOT a beach person!
4. My wife and I have been on 5 cruises, that is our way for travel.
5. My hobby (which I have not done in a couple of years) is building golf clubs. All the clubs in my bag are built by me.
6. I get to be on the headphones during varsity football games with the head coach. “You can take the man out of coaching, but you can’t take the coaching out of the man.”
7. I think I am a pretty good cook and my wife will tend to agree.
8. I tend to like to landscape, even build flower beds, but only when I am ready to do it.
9. I went from coaching & being an athletic director to serving as an elementary principal. It was me and 33 women, no assistant or counselor. I’ll leave it that…
10. “Wizard of Oz” is my favorite movie of all time. I have found it a great movie on leadership…I’ll let you think on that one for a while. And it is the ultimate “chick flick” a movie of two women fighting over a pair of shoes.
11. Yes, I played in the NFL, and an experience I will always treasure. I hardly ever share that now, heck that was a long time ago! I just wish I was good enough to make more than one year…sigh.
1. Do you prefer to shop online or stores? Hmm, I will do both, whatever mood I’m in at the time.
2. How many pairs of shoes do you have? About 20 dress/casual, 5 athletic, 4 boots…I know I probably have too much estrogen, and I have been told that before!
3. What is your favorite type of music? That is hard since I always listen to sports talk…but I would say ‘Classic Rock.’
4. Cats or dogs? This is easy…dogs, and I have to say that my Schnauzer, Mally, may be the best dog ever!
5. What is your typical bedtime? It is rare that I make it past the evening news, unless there is football to watch, of course.
6. Favorite twitter chat? This is really tough! I’m not going to limit to one - #tlap #arkedchat #IAchat #Alaedchat #edchatri #SBGchat . All of these I have gleaned so much from and mostly because of the moderators of which I admire so much.
7. Democrat/Republic/Other? I would have normally said Republican, but that party seems to be so anti public education…so I really don’t know now. I am quite conservative in my thinking.
8. Best place you ever vacationed? Paris! Which my wife won the roundtrip airfare at a Houston Astros game. There is a story behind that, ask me about sometime.
9. Best book you read in 2013? I will start with Teach like a Pirate by Dave Burges, then Game Changers by Julie Adams, then Classroom Habitudes by Angela Maiers, and now reading David & Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell. I recommend all of those!
10. Favorite television show when you were growing up? Flipper
11. What is one thing you never/rarely share you are exceptionally proud of? (See #11 above)
My 11 Bloggers to follow
1. Angela Maiers (@angleamaiers) www.angelamaiers.com/blog
2. Daisy Dyer Duerr (@DaisyDyerDuerr) www.daisydyerduerr.com/blog
3. Todd Nesloney (@techninjatodd) http://nesloneyflipped.blogspot.com
4. Julie Adams (@adamsteaching) http://www.effectiveteachingpd.com/blog/
5. Dave Burgess (burgessdave) http://www.daveburgess.com/new/category/blog/
6. Rafranz Davis (@rafranzdavis) www.rafranzdavis.com
7. Kristy Vincent (@bigpurplehat) http://www.bigpurplehat.com/2013
8. Amanda Dykes (@amandacdykes) http://amandadykes.com/blog/
9. Jennifer Hogan (@Jennifer_Hogan) http://thecompellededucator.blogspot.com/
10. Kimberly Hurd (@khurdhorst) http://seedsforlearning.blogspot.com
11. Jimmy Casas (@casas_jimmy) http://jimmycasas.blogspot.com/
To all of my PLN (and not just the ones listed above), you will never know the impact you have had on me. I am truly blessed to have you in my PLN and will forever be indebted to each of you. You all are edurockstars to me!